As the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation, the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) reminds our country of its obligations to children and provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak on behalf of every child while providing the best tools for parents to help their children be successful students.
The Holmes Junior High School PTA helps to enrich our children’s lives, keep our parents informed, and support our teachers and staff.
Dear Holmes Families,
We are all in this together. There is no place like Holmes!
Welcome to a new year of school and a new year of PTA. As we start this unique year together during the time of the COVID 19 pandemic, please remember the mission of the PTA – to positively impact the lives of children and families. Together at Holmes, we support this mission through our wide-ranging efforts giving direct help to the teachers, staff, and students.
If this is your first year at Holmes Junior High, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to each of you. If you are a seasoned Holmes family, I know that you are looking forward to reconnecting with our wonderful Holmes community and supporting our kids as they transition back to school in a new way.
As I start my first year as your PTA President, I am looking forward to continuing the working partnership we have established with DJUSD, our wonderful Principal Jean Kennedy and our amazing teachers and staff. We will continue to enrich the learning experience for our children with the support of our members.
I encourage each and every one of you to become a member! You can support the Holmes PTA by:
- Joining Holmes Junior High Parent Teacher Association (H JH PTA)
- Become a member and be a part of the largest child advocacy program in the world.
- Consider making a direct donation at the beginning of the school year which will be used to support ongoing school programs. With these monies, we fund the WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) program and grade specific events which are designed to make the Holmes school climate friendly, safe and welcoming for all.
- Staying informed
- Please visit the HJH PTA website (www.hjhpta.org). The HJH PTA listserv is used by both the school and the PTA to communicate with our community about important happenings and events.
- Attend monthly membership meetings, to hear reports from our Principal, Counselor, and Teachers. Meetings will be held virtually via Zoom every 4th Thursday. Look for links to the meetings on our Listserv emails.
- Parents are always needed to help with Teacher Appreciation events. Look for sign up genius links on the PTA listserv.
Holmes PTA, President 2020-2021
List of Officers
- Vice President of Communications
- Vice President of Fundraising
- Vice President of Membership
Programs We Support
- 7th Grade Social and Emotional Health
- 8th Grade Tile Project
- 9th Grade
- Department Grants
- Helping Hands (students)
- Staff Hospitality
- Library donations
- Parent Education
- Pi Week
- 9th Grade Hike
- Challenge Day
- WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) Support